'The Golden Couple'

Sascha Kindred and Nyree Lewis, otherwise known as the 'golden couple' of disabled sport, are two of Great Britain's most successful paralympians of the last decade, amassing 20 Paralympic medals between them including an amazing 8 golds. I am the brother of Sascha and am tracking their progress from Athens 2004 to London 2012. Read about their journey to Paralympic Glory here!

Monday, June 12, 2006

German Open 2006, Berlin - Review

Nyree talks about her and Sascha's recent trip to Berlin, where they swam in the 2006 German Open...

"Berlin turned out to be a much better meet for me this year compared to how I raced at last years German open.
The first day i decided to enter the 200freestyle which I ended up doing a personal best in the mornings heats which was a shock to me due to me being in full heavy training. The finals were even more of a shock when I again broke the world record for the second time that day in an even faster time of 2.56.61 which set me up for the rest of the weekend with plenty of confidence to do well.


My other races were the 200IM and 100m Backstroke, these were very solid events which I was also pleased with, they were not personal best times but they proved that I am in great form ready for the World championship trials that are only 1 month away.

The Berlin Open is always a very good meet for us to travel too. There was a high attendance of international athletes which gives us the opportunity to race some of our rivals outside of major events. The German organisers always put on a good meet, ok they are very long days, but as athletes we have to be prepared for this.
Sascha also had a very good meet. His 100breaststroke was only a second off his world record and his 200IM was the second fastest time he has ever done. He also had the 50mbutterfly which is the event he won last month at the Paralympic World Cup. He repeated his success here with a very solid time which again shows he too is on the right track to qualify for the world champs next month in sheffield.

So overall a very good meet with positive swims to show us how well we are training.

Things are looking good for the next few meets we have coming up.

Just to add, we are still looking for some entrants to help design the new logo for this site. If you are at all interested, have a go and send it into us at thegoldencouple@hotmail.com. Good luck!"

3 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home