'The Golden Couple'

Sascha Kindred and Nyree Lewis, otherwise known as the 'golden couple' of disabled sport, are two of Great Britain's most successful paralympians of the last decade, amassing 20 Paralympic medals between them including an amazing 8 golds. I am the brother of Sascha and am tracking their progress from Athens 2004 to London 2012. Read about their journey to Paralympic Glory here!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

37 days to a post. Interesting? Not quite as interesting as....

I always said that when I'd start this site I wouldn't leave it too long before the next post, and although it hasn't seemed to long, when I think about it, it has been some time, and these points put the time into perspective:
  • It's been 37 days!
  • That's 888 hours!
  • Or 53,280 minutes! In this time, Sascha or Nyree could have swam roughly 43,600 200m IM races non stop! That's 174,400 lengths of racing.
  • Both Sascha and Nyree have swam 164km (164,000 metres) - excluding competitions
  • They've travelled over 1500 miles to and from training
  • Sascha & Nyree have been training 49 times, of which 8 sessions are in the gym. Each session is between 1.5 and 2 hours long, usually twice a day.
  • Sascha has eaten roughly 20 dishes of pasta or jacket potatoes.
  • Nyree and Sascha have eaten over 200 wine gums
  • Nyree has written roughly 141 times in her diary (much to Sascha's delight!!!)
  • I've spent over 200 hours at a computer at work and home, and didn't manage to update my blog!

Anyway, now that I'm back, I'll be starting to write more regularly again, starting with a small piece from Sascha and Nyree themselves about the build up to the World Championships, and their planned holiday afterwards - one that I'm very very jealous of! Find out where their going here in a few days!

Over and out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home