'The Golden Couple'

Sascha Kindred and Nyree Lewis, otherwise known as the 'golden couple' of disabled sport, are two of Great Britain's most successful paralympians of the last decade, amassing 20 Paralympic medals between them including an amazing 8 golds. I am the brother of Sascha and am tracking their progress from Athens 2004 to London 2012. Read about their journey to Paralympic Glory here!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Media Coverage Survey

Like me, I'm sure many of you that read this blog often wonder why there isn't more coverage of disability sport in the media. Maybe I'm biased because I'm related to someone who is a Paralympic Champion along with his girlfriend too. And perhaps it's because I've been brought up with a brother who has had a disability from birth, so I've always been there at the heart of it all. But generally, I'm sure you'll agree, there is still a severe lack of coverage of disability sport, especially on television and print (newspapers).

So I thought to see if people agree, I'd do a little survey about disability sport and the coverage thereof. Below is a link to a survey which asks ten questions about disability sport within the media. A couple of the questions are directed to people in the UK, but even if you are outside of the UK, you can still answer the majority of them. So if you have a little bit of free time, I'd be very grateful if you would have a go at filling in the questionnaire to see what the results are.

To go to the survey click here: Disability Sport and Media Coverage Survey.

Any questions at all please ask me.

Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home