'The Golden Couple'

Sascha Kindred and Nyree Lewis, otherwise known as the 'golden couple' of disabled sport, are two of Great Britain's most successful paralympians of the last decade, amassing 20 Paralympic medals between them including an amazing 8 golds. I am the brother of Sascha and am tracking their progress from Athens 2004 to London 2012. Read about their journey to Paralympic Glory here!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lego Village

Lego, it's a wonderful thing. I remember playing with lego for years when I was younger, building castles, playing out wars between Robin Hood and Darth Vadar and pretty much build anything out of it. The best thing I ever built was a an exact copy of the stealth like helicopter from the television show Airwolf. And I mean exact copy. It was shaped to perfection with the most aerodynamic (not that I new much about aerodynamics at the age of 10) front that you could ever imagine, flying at speed through great grand canyon like valleys (my duvet) and shooting down bad guys (moustache wearing lego men) with consummate ease.

Of course, although i still play with lego only every other weekend now (!!!), I can still see the beauty in it and was really impressed when I saw an article in the Daily Telegraph about a detailed lego replica of the Beijing Olympic site (see link below). I mean, how cool is that?


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2498015/Lego-model-of-Beijing-Olympic-village-built.html

I wonder if it was cheaper to make than the real thing!?

Personally I would have loved to go and visit it but unfortunately it's only showing at the Grand Century Palace in Hong Kong until August 31st (we're there in late September) so it won't be possible. If you do go and see it, please send me some more photos as I'd be interested to see more pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home